Sony F5 Cinema Camera – HD/2K/4K; 10-bit recording; 4:4:2 and 4:4:4 colour space
Launched in 2013, this is the ‘big daddy’ to the FS7, FS5 etc. It offers full broadcast specs for shooting drama, commercials, TV and corporate.
Sony F5 shooting package. You get:-
- Myself as Lighting Cameraman/DoP
- Sony F5 Cinema Camera
- Canon Cine Zoom 18-80 f4.4
- Canon EF 16-35mm f2.8
- Canon EF 24-70mm f2.8
- Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8
- Kino-Flo Diva-Lite 400 (daylight or tungsten)
- Cineflex 40×60 flexible LED panel 100W; with lighting boom arm; softbox and Chinese lantern
- Dedolight kit – 3 x heads, dimmers, clamps, gobo projector with assorted gobos
- Litepanels Astra 1x1ft LED + softbox
- Marshall 7″ HD-SDI field monitor (with False Colour mode)
- Black Magic 7″ 4K on-board monitor/4K recorder SDI/HDMI in/out
- Sachtler V18 S1 Tripod
+ access to everything else I own (small charges may be made for extras) See the full kit list.
Please contact me for rates.
A quick help guide for the confused producer!
Sony FS5 – FS7 – F5.. What’s the difference?
Sony F5 (my package) – launched in 2013, this is the ‘big daddy’ to the cameras below. It offers full broadcast specs for shooting drama, commercials, TV and corporate.
Sony FS7 – annoyingly, often confused as a successor to the F5. It launched about a year after the F5, but in fact is a cut-down version of the F5. It’s a great camera which shares the similar guts as the F5, but from an operator’s view, a little bit clumsy to use wth less connectivity.
Sony FS5 – yep, another cut-down of the F5. Good pictures but just not as broadcast spec as the cameras above.
More about this here: http://vmi.tv/training/useful-stuff/Sony_F5_and_FS7_Comparison